You may have not considered this before today, but choosing a photographer is very different than choosing your florist or cake decorator. Believe it or not, you will share some of the most intimate moments with the person behind the lens. You may love their website and style, but there are several reasons to choose a photographer whom you also enjoy sharing a cup of coffee.
1. Your photographer's personality dictates the flow of your day. I cannot say this enough, maybe I should say it again... if you hire Ms. Dazed and Confused your to-do list will not happen. If you hire Ms. Bossy you will have an awful time accomplishing everything on her to-do list. It is your day, you need someone who can help you accomplish your goals and desires without getting in your way.
2. Your photographer can be the peacemaker when all hope is lost. If nothing seems to be going right, two of your bridesmaids are 45 minutes late and the florist hasn't shown up with the flowers, you need a photographer who can go-with-the-flow. The last thing you need on your plate is a testy photographer who cannot adjust their schedule to the day's events.
3. Your photographer is not only photographing the moment you say I do, but the moment your Mom helps you into your dress. While you stand in front of that mirror as your Mom zips you into that dress shedding tears, it is a special moment you should cherish forever. You want a photographer who can be the fly on the wall while capturing that moment.
4. Your photographer needs to be able to direct traffic quickly with kindness, respect and a fun-loving attitude. Weddings can be stressful, especially taking large family photos. The ceremony is over, your cheeks hurt from hours of smiling, hunger starts to set in and the last thing you want to do is listen to someone yelling at you and your family. The family portraits are never anyones favorite part of the day, yet they are necessary. It's hard to get everyone together and smiling, which is why you need to consider hiring a photographer who is friendly and considerate.
5. You spend hours of your day with your photographer. Most vendors you hire you will rarely see. Not only will you see your photographer for several hours, they will be stalking you from behind their camera. Choose one that makes you feel beautiful and confident.